The Complete Guide to Launching Your Non-Clinical Career
It's normal to want a change from direct patient care.
But making the leap has its challenges, including...
🤷 Worrying that you have no marketable skills––but not knowing how to gain them.
😬 Feeling so overwhelmed that you're paralyzed with inaction.
😫 Struggling to find non-clinical jobs that don’t result in a huge pay cut.
😑 Hitting dead ends when looking for non-clinical jobs in the first place.
😫 Being unable to start because you have no freaking idea what you want to do!
😰 Deciding you're too old––or too young––to make a move out of patient care.
💸 Spending a fortune on career coaches and resume writers, and still not having any clue where to start.
😔 Giving up and resigning yourself to a life of productivity, no pee breaks, and zero growth opportunity.
📑 Sending out dozens of resumes and hearing NOTHING.
🤦♀️ Determining that no raise is better than no job.
😓 Skipping lunch to catch up on paperwork and being too tired after unpaid overtime days to research non-clinical careers.
I worked with hiring managers, career coaches, and dozens of non-clinical PT, OT, and SLP professionals to crack the code of successfully going non-clinical—and I put it all into one comprehensive course.
I created a blueprint to save you endless hours of research, and hundreds of dollars on pricey career coaches and resume writers.
👊 You CAN land a non-clinical job without paying $700 to have a professional resume written.
👊 You CAN make confident, educated decisions about your non-clinical career path.
👊 You CAN create heartfelt and compelling cover letters that land interviews...and you CAN rock those interviews with confidence and poise.
👊 You CAN network your way into a high-level non-clinical role.
👊 You CAN use your existing experience and skills to make a transition into the non-clinical world.
👊 You CAN work remotely with a flexible schedule.
👊 You CAN earn a high salary and find performance-based roles.
👊 You CAN make a plan to continue growing your career...without leaving your clinical identity behind.
Non-Clinical 101 is designed specifically for rehabilitation professionals:
PTs | OTs | SLPs | PTAs | OTAs | SLPAs
I’ve spent hundreds of hours to create the most comprehensive, in-depth, easy-to-follow guide ever created to help you go from burned-out clinician to non-clinical rockstar!
🙌 You CAN have the non-clinical career of your dreams. 🙌
"I LOVED the thoroughness of each topic and the descriptions of the various non-clinical positions. Honestly, I got out of it EXACTLY what I wanted, I have a new, non-clinical, remote position and I am SO happy."
What You'll Get:
- A fun, 4-step course that will take you from confused and overwhelmed to confident and prepared.
- Over 6 hours of comprehensive instructional video covering non-clinical career paths, networking, branding, resumes and cover letters, finding jobs, interviewing, negotiating, self-assessment, and much more. ($500+ value! A career coach and a resume reviewer would cost far more than this course.)
- Custom career advice tailored specifically to rehab professionals.
- Lifetime access to the course and all materials, including periodic updates.
- A full example resume makeover––you'll learn how to take your resume from clinical to non-clinical, and make a great impression on recruiters and hiring managers alike.
- Personalized self assessments to help you unearth your skills and talents.
- Cheat sheets and downloads with tips on transferable skills, non-clinical jargon, interviewing, and more. ($49 value!)
- Course recommendations for each career path, when applicable.
- Lifetime membership in the Non-Clinical 101 Alumni Facebook group, where you can network, find support, and get first dibs on the hottest non-clinical jobs.
- Access to special discounts and services.
- BONUS: Bonus lesson on consulting, which covers setting prices, attracting clients, real advice from successful consultants, and more. ($99 value!)
- BONUS: A 56-page lookbook covering everything you want to know about the most common non-clinical career paths! ($99 value!)
- BONUS: Editable sample resumes and cover letters for every single career path we explore. ($199 value!)
- BONUS: Access to ALL non-clinical career starter packs, including ones I create in the future. ($145+ value!)
"I am thrilled with the role I landed. It will be a significant change with new challenges, all of which is exciting to me at this point in my career. The pay is actually better than what I was making in outpatient private practice!"
"The course is thorough. If someone applies this information, they will have no trouble getting a non-clinical position."
- Bill D., Denials Coordinator
Hi! I'm a freelance writer, former rehab liaison, and the founder of The Non-Clinical PT!
I developed Non-Clinical 101 because I was tired of seeing PT, OT, and SLP professionals struggle to transition out of patient care. After working in the non-clinical space for nearly five years, I created a 4-step course that guides you through the process of launching your non-clinical career! Learn more about me.
"I just landed a job as a rehab liaison for a huge hospital with a 50-60 bed rehab unit! I cannot tell you how helpful Non-Clinical 101 was to me, and I cannot thank you enough!"
"Non-Clinical 101 has expanded what I thought was possible, and given me new ideas for where my career could go. It has given me hope that I can find a career I really enjoy with the experience and education I currently have."
"I can't thank Dr. Meredith Castin enough! Her advice has undoubtedly saved me countless hours of frustration trying to navigate this career transition on my own. Not to mention, she has the most motivating and encouraging attitude!"
- Kristina R., Freelance Health Writer
Frequently Asked Questions
"I think it’s really strategic and helpful to have the life priorities assessment and love/hate/easy/hard worksheet in the beginning. It really helped me focus in on the career paths most suitable to me. I got to focus on what my priorities are and what comes naturally to me. I love how the course lays out what type of jobs/roles can match my personality best, and I find that incredibly helpful. "
- Lisa R.